The Polaris xPRESS is a 2U Appliance and accommodates up to 60M gate designs. The system can be used stand alone as an ASIC/SOC prototyping Appliance or in any host that has a PCI Express x8 slot via a PCI Express extender.
xPRESS Appliance comes in two configurations – xPRESS-30 and xPRESS-60.
- xPRESS-30 has a nominal design capacity to accommodate up to 30 Million, 2-input NAND gate equivalent ASIC/SOC designs.
- xPRESS-60 has a nominal design capacity to accommodate up to 60 Million, 2-input NAND gate equivalent ASIC/SOC designs.
System Block Diagram
xPRESS provides 5 HSMC connectors that can be configured as single ended, SERDES or LVDS pairs as per Altera HSMC specification. xPRESS offers the following resources:
- 3 single ended global clocks (2 inputs, 1 on board oscillator)
- 2 single ended global clock outputs (can be driven from FPGA or forwarded clocks)
- 5 HSMC connectors – 4 type II connectors with 50, 1.65 Gbps LVDS pairs or 114 single-ended; and 1 type III universal (SERDES + LVDS), 124Gbps connectors
- 2 Differential clock outputs, 2 differential clock inputs per HSMC
- 1 Single ended clock input and 1 single ended clock output per HSMC
- 1 reset input per system
- 2 single port, synchronous 32Mb SRAM
- 8/16GB of DDR3
- 110/220V AC power input
The following is included in the xPRESS-30 and xPRESS-60 Appliance purchase:
- Hi-rel power supply, rack-mount chassis, connectors
- One year Time-based-license (TBL) of Altera Quartus II Fixed node, subscription edition (includes IP Base Suite and DSP Builder)
- USB Blaster Cable
Appliances can be factory pre-configured with required daughter cards (Video, RF, I/O, Memory, USB, 10GigE, 10G FC, OC192, etc.) as a development kit. Please contact sales for details.
All Polaris products come with a 90-day product support and warranty. All Polaris products are protected by design and utility patents pending and issued.