The Polaris xLITE is a 2U Appliance. The system can be used stand alone as an ASIC/SOC prototyping Appliance or in any host that has a PCI Express x8 slot via a PCI Express extender.
xLITE Appliance comes in a single configurations – xLITE-15.
- xLITE-15 has a nominal design capacity to accommodate up to 15 Million, 2-input NAND gate equivalent ASIC/SOC designs.
System Block Diagram
xLITE provides 5 HSMC connectors that have a total of 128 pins each, that can be configured as single ended, SERDES or LVDS pairs as per Altera HSMC specification. xLITE also offers the following resources:
- 5 single ended global clocks (4 inputs, 1 on board oscillator)
- 4 single ended global clock outputs (can be driven from FPGA or forwarded clocks)
- 5 HSMC connectors – 4 type II connectors with 42, 1.65 Gbps LVDS pairs or 128 single ended; and 1 type I single-ended connectors
- 2 Differential clock outputs, 2 differential clock inputs per HSMC
- 1 Single ended clock input and 1 single ended clock output per HSMC
- Built in USB-based JTAG interface for programming
- 4 trigger outputs and 4 trigger inputs per system
- 1 Dual port, synchronous 18Mb SRAM
- 110/220V AC power input
The following is included in the xLite Appliance purchase:
- Hi-rel power supply, rack-mount chassis, connectors
- One year Time-based-license (TBL) of Altera Quartus II Fixed node, subscription edition (includes IP Base Suite and DSP Builder)
- USB Blaster Cable
Appliances can be factory pre-configured with required daughter cards (Video, RF, I/O, Memory, USB, etc.) as a development kit. Please contact sales for details.
All Polaris products come with a 90-day product support and warranty. All Polaris products are protected by design and utility patents pending and issued.